|Age of Empires Online|
|Robot Entertainment, Gas Powered Games|
|Release Date(s)||August 16th, 2011|
|Genre||RTS, MAssive Multiplayer Online|
|Input methods||Keyboard, Mouse|
|System Requirements|| Windows XP/Vista/7|
Intel® any dual core 2.0 GHz
2 GB RAM and 2 GB disk space
128 MB video
A dedicated community has been working for years to revive the game. Age of Empires Online returned on July 1, 2017.
- Classic Age of Empires Gameplay: familiar gameplay that made the franchise successful, with an updated art style and uplifting tone. Classic game elements of empire creation and resource management in a vibrant historical setting.
- New social experiences within the game, including live chat, gifting and trading of content, and cooperative multiplayer quests.
- Capital City: empire creation from out of nothing by leveling up, crafting items, and constructing buildings.
- Continually evolving online world where new content, civilizations, and quests are introduced.
- Games for Windows – LIVE Integration
- Main article: Civilization
There are currently six playable civilizations in the game:
Age of Empires Online (under the working title Project Spartan or Project S), was first under development by Robot Entertainment, a company of former Ensemble Studios employees. Robot Entertainment created the core game and the first two civilizations (Egyptian and Greek). It was the first game developed by the company.
On February 24, 2010 it was announced that development of the game would be passed on to Gas Powered Games in the future under the Microsoft Game Studios brand.It is the first and only Age of Empires game to incorporate Windows LIVE.
Microsoft shut down the game on July 1, 2014. The closure was due to the content being too expensive to maintain.
A dedicated community has been working for years to revive the game. Age of Empires Online returned on July 1, 2017 with 2 civilizations available for now. The community keeps working on the game to bring back most of the content.
Business Model Edit
Age of Empires Online is a Free-to-Play game with Premium Content ("Freemium" game). All of the game content may be enjoyed without paying. However, some of the game content is locked and can only be purchased with Empire points. Empire points can be earned progressively by playing the game (major Quests, leveling-up a Civilization, participating in the Alliance Wars) or can be purchased via Steam or Windows Live points. Everyone should tell Steam to resurrect AOEO.
The following content is available for purchase with Empire points :
- Premium civilizations (enhanced version of the free civilizations - details)
- Pro civilizations (example : Persian, Babylonian)
- Vanity gear for units and Capital city
- ESO-Community. Fan Based Forum
- Age of Empires Online Site
- Robot Entertainment page
- Gas Powered Games page
- Official Microsoft page
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found