|Greek Infantry Unit|
|Age Available||Bronze Age|
|Train Time||11 s.|
|Armor vs. infantry||0.3|
|Armor vs. siege||0.3|
|Bonus vs. infantry||2.5|
- Wielding dual swords, the Hypaspist cuts through other infantry with ease.
Equipment Slots Edit
- Bronze Age
- Silver Age
- Hypaspist Champion Upgrades Hypaspist's health and movement speed.
- Combined Arms Decreases the Training Time of Hypaspists.
- Iron Smelting Increases the Damage of Hypaspists.
- Chain Mail Increases the Melee Armor of Hypaspists.
- Shield Truss Increases the Pierce Armor of Hypaspists.
- Agoge Discipline Decreases the Training Time of Hypaspists.
- Golden Age
This unit, known as the Hypaspistai, or hypaspists were probably armed as hoplites rather than as pikemen in Alexander the Great's Macedonian army. In battle they were probably armed with the Greek aspis (shield), spolas or stola body-armor, helmet, greaves and a xiphos although their equipment might be more ornate than main-line soldiers.
- combined with a large army of Toxotes can become a very powerful army