|Babylonian Siege Unit|
|Age Available||Golden Age|
|Train Time||30 s.|
|Armor vs. ranged||0.85|
|Bonus vs. buildings||3 (4)|
- A superior long range siege unit, the Palintonon reduces heavy defenses to rubble in a matter of seconds.
Special Abilities Edit
- Pack: Packs the Palintonon into a mobile unit. However, It can’t attack in this mode.
- Unpack: Unpacks the Palintonon into a stationary artillery so that it can make use of its attack.
Equipment Slots Edit
- Bronze Age
- Silver Age
- Golden Age
The Palintonon was a variation of the ballista that threw large stone balls on top of structures like a mortar instead of throwing projectiles directly at it. These artillery pieces had a range of 150m. with stone balls the weight of 27kg. requiring walls to be 5m. thick to withstand the impact. They were not treated a anti-personel artillery because of the target being able to move unlike a structure.
- The Palintonon has the longest attack range in the game. However, its attack range is greater than its sight range; to utilize the full potential of the Palintonon's massive attack radius, units must be used to provide line of sight beyond the Palintonon's sight range.
- It has a minimum attack range of 17, so it is best to defend this area and prevent enemy units from entering it.