|Persian Siege Unit|
|Age Available||Golden Age|
|Attack Range||55 (50)|
|Sight Range||48 (40)|
|Train Time||30 s.|
|Trained/Built from||Fortress (Persian)|
|Armor vs. ranged||0.85|
|Bonus vs. buildings||3 (4)|
- The Palintonon is a slow-moving unit that can be unpacked to gain an extremely long-range, high damage attack. Once unpacked, it is able to launch stone projectiles at enemy units and buildings.
- It is trained at the Fortress and becomes available during the Golden Age.
- It has a minimum attack range of 17, so it is best to defend this area and prevent enemy units from entering it.
- Just like any siege unit, the Palintonon is very effect against Buildings and fortifications.
- Although it is expensive, costing 350 Wood and 250 Gold, the unit possesses great range and deals a massive amount of damage.
The Palintonon has the longest attack range in the game. However, it's attack range is greater than its sight range; to utilize the full potential of the Palintonon's massive attack radius, units must be used to provide line of sight beyond the Palintonon's sight range.
- Pack: Packs the Palintonon into a mobile unit. However, It can’t attack in this mode.
- Unpack: Unpacks the Palintonon into a stationary artillery so that it can make use of its attack.
Equipment Slots Edit
The Palintonon was a variation of the ballista that threw large stone balls on top of structures like a mortar instead of throwing projectiles directly at it. These artillery pieces had a range of 150m. with stone balls the weight of 27kg. requiring walls to be 5m. thick to withstand the impact. They were not treated a anti-personel artillery because of the target being able to move unlike a structure.