|Babylonian Infantry Unit|
|Age Available||Bronze Age|
|Train Time||12 s.|
|Trained/Built from||Barracks (Babylonian)|
|Armor vs. ranged||0.7|
|Armor vs. siege||0.3|
|Bonus vs. ranged||1.5|
The Shield Bearer is an Babylonian Infantry Unit in Age of Empires Online.
- Able to absorb large amounts of pierce damage, the Shield Bearer provides a near impenetrable line of defense.
- Bronze Age
- Silver Age
- Golden Age
- Damascus Steel Increases the Damage of Shield Bearer.
- Laminar Armor Increases the Melee Armor of Shield Bearer.
- Shield Boss Increases the Pierce Armor of Shield Bearer.
- Close-Combat Expertise Increases the health and damage of Shield Bearer.
- Total War Improves Shield Bearer's damage and bonus damage vs Villagers.
- Send Shieldbearers into towers and fortresses to absorb damage.
- Mixing them into an army can reduce the efectiveness of a ranged ball.
- In PvP, shieldbearer micro can make it difficult for the opponent to target your bowmen.