|Greek Ranged Unit|
|Age Available||Bronze Age|
|Train Time||12 s.|
|Trained/Built from||Archery Range (Greek)|
|Bonus vs. infantry||2.0|
- The basic archer, the Toxotes deals massive amounts of damage from afar, especially when in large numbers.
Equipment Slots Edit
The following technologies can be used improved the abilities of the Toxotes during a mission.
- Bronze Age
- Silver Age
- Improved Fletching Increases the Line-of-Sight of Toxotes.
- Broadhead Arrows Increases the Pierce Damage of Toxotes.
- Chain Mail Increases the Melee Armor of Toxotes.
- Shield Truss Increases the Pierce Armor of Toxotes.
- Agoge Discipline Decreases the Training Time of Toxotes.
- Toxotes Champion Increases Toxotes's health and damage.
- Golden Age
Toxotes were Greek archers who carried a Short Bow, for shooting target a far, and a sword and shield, for personal protection.For armor they wore cloth or leather armor to protect their body. The Cretan archers, a variation, used long bows instead of short bows to increase distance but required more training to master.
- along with Hypaspists can become a very powerful army
- in the Golden Age many players will still choose to have large balls of Toxotes because of their higher speed and lower cost, while still having comparable damage
- The Design of the Toxetes in-game is different to the Icon, showing that at one point of devolpment the Toxetes were going to look similar to Hoplites.